CSIR Defence, Peace, Safety and Security (DPSS) unit has a vacancy for a Senior Researcher in Infrared Modelling and Simulation within the Optronic Sensor Systems (OSS) competency area. This is a permanent position based at the CSIR’s head office in Pretoria and the incumbent will report directly to the research group leader of the Systems Analysis group. OSS consists of multiple research groups which include Opto-Mechatronics, Systems Analysis, Signal and Image Processing and Space Photonics. Current areas of interest and application in the Systems Analysis group include: · Measurement, modelling and simulation of the signatures of real world objects, atmospheres and sensors used to model infrared scenarios; · Development and evaluation of infrared countermeasures; and · Interaction with South African tertiary institutions to develop photonics in South Africa.
-A postgraduate qualification in the sciences (mathematics/physics) or electronic engineering.
-At least five years’ relevant post-qualification work experience.
-Proven experience of interaction with military clients and military organisations.
-Proven software development experience and knowledge of software development methodologies.
Application Deadline is 09 March 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Senior Researcher Researchers – CSIR Materials Science and Manufacturing South Africa
- CSIR Postdoctoral Research Positions in Biomedical or Electrical Engineering, South Africa
- PhD Studentship in Modelling and Simulation for Energy Processes, Cranfield University School of Engineering – UK
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Transonic Computational Fluid Dynamics 2012, South Africa
- Africa TUT-CSIR Joint Master’s Scholarship