The Special Scholarship Program (SSP) was established in 2003 in order to support the advanced research of the university by enlisting the help of highly capable students especially students from foreign countries. Every year in April and October, the university enrolls selected doctoral students for specific research projects. The students pursue the doctoral course in English (excl. Japanese students) while at the same time assisting their host professor as a research assistant (RA). Through this program KUT wishes to expand and deepen international ties with academic and educational institutions all over the world.
Applicants are required to meet all of the following conditions
-To have nationality other than Japanese
-To have or have the intention to acquire the Student status of Japanese residence, at the time of entrance, in accordance with the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act in Japan
-To have or to be expected to acquire a master’s degree before enrollment
-To have excellent academic records in both bachelor’s and master’s degrees
-To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
-To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work as a research assistant in one of the research projects list
-To have high English proficiency.
Application deadline is September 18, 2012 and March 18, 2013.
For further information about this scholarship visit the below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Special Graduate Program in Engineering for Systems Innovation by University of Tokyo, Japan
- International Doctoral Program in Energy Science at Kyoto University – Japan
- Master’s Scholarship for Uzbekistan Applicants, Japan
- 2012 The Japanese Grant Aid for Human Resource Development Scholarship for Philippines Applicants, Japan
- Kyoto University International Doctoral Scholarship in Energy Science – Japan