Public Intellectuals are those—academics, researchers, media professionals, artists, creative writers, NGO activists, social workers, public servants and others with moral authority—who are committed to working for the betterment of society by applying their professional knowledge, wisdom and experience.
Nippon Foundation Fellowships:
The Nippon Foundation Fellowships for Asian Public Intellectuals (API Fellowships Program) is designed to stimulate the creation of a pool of such intellectuals in the region. They aim to promote mutual learning among Asian public intellectuals and to contribute to the growth of public spaces in which effective responses to regional needs can be generated.
It is a fellowships program that provides a grant to successful applicants to carry out a project during the fellowship period of one month to one year in a country or countries participating in the API Fellowships Program (currently confined to Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Thailand).
- Be 40 years of age or more as of August 31, 2011 (exceptions may be made);- Have the ability and experience to conduct research projects and/or professional activities in the Participating Countries (Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Thailand) other than his/her native country or country of residence;- Undertake the proposed research projects and/or professional activities in up to four of the Participating Countries (Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, and Thailand), but in a country/ies other than in the applicant’s native country or country of residence;- Undertake the proposed research projects and/or professional activities for a continuous period of between one to 12 months; and- Have the ability, influence, and means to disseminate the results of their research projects and/or professional activities.
Application Deadline is August 31, 2011
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- The Nippon Foundation Fellowships For Asian – Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand
- UN-Nippon Foundation Fellowships – Japan
- 2012 Leukaemia Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship, Australia
- 2010-11 Trudeau Fellowships and Trudeau Visiting Fellowship Canada
- 2011 Chia Family Foundation Health Fellowship Program – China