The PhD-project concerns plant sterol metabolism, especially cholesterol, and their synthesis and function in plants. Sterols are important membrane components in all eukaryotic organisms. In plants they are also precursors to defence compounds, such as the toxic glycoalkaloids in potato, and to certain plant hormones.
The PhD study should be completed within four years of full time study and will be financed by the Department of Botany at Stockholm University (2 years of doctoral grant and 2 years of employment). The PhD study may be combined with employment as teaching assistant (a maximum of 20 % of full time). The positions are open starting by the beginning of 2012. The doctoral thesis will consists of a number of manuscripts in English.
Application Deadline is November 20, 2011
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- 2 PhD Positions in Plant Systematics 2012 by Stockholm University, Sweden
- 2011-12 RA and SRF Positions in Plant Breeding and Plant Physiology, IIPR, India
- Two Postdoctoral Positions in Statistics at Stockholm University, Sweden
- Doctoral Program in Language and Linguistics 2012 by Stockholm University, Sweden
- Postdoctoral in Archaeology 2011 by Stockholm University, Sweden